Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Run the Avocado Half Marathon or 5K this May!

I'm excited to be running the Avocado Half Marathon on May 28th! I was so excited, I contacted the race organizers to see if I could offer my readers and followers (aka my Sole Mates) a discount to run the race with me! They graciously agreed and now you can get $10 off your registration fee by using the code: SHW2016. The price increases on January 21st, so get on it! If you register before then, the race is only $66!

The race runs through the streets of Fallbrook, north of San Diego, and is one of San Diego's most scenic races. This is the race's 3rd year and it has a brand new start and finish on Main Street in historic downtown Fallbrook. I heard the new course is a little less hilly than in years past.

The race partners with such an amazing nonprofit group, Fueled by the Fallen. Money raised from the event will go to helping families of military and emergency service personal such as fire, police and EMTs. Last year the event was able to raise over $5,000 in working with Fueled by the Fallen and hopes to reach $10,000 this year.

The first 2000 runners will receive a long sleeve half zip shirt along with the runner’s race tech-T shirt and a branded water bottle. One lucky runner will win a $500.00 cash prize inside one of the water bottles. That's pretty sweet! All military and emergency responders can get a special discount on the race by going through http://www.govx.com/

I hope to see all of you there! 

1 comment: