Tuesday, April 5, 2016

My Running...In One Word

If I had to describe my current running in one word, what would it be?

This is the topic for this week's Tuesday on the Run blog link up with My No-Guilt LifeMCM Mama Runs and Marcia's Healthy Slice. When you're done reading here, go check them out!

This is so hard because I really want to be positive about it but not sound like a conceited a-hole. But I realized, in looking over some of my recent blog posts, I've been kind of negative lately. I've been complaining a lot and I don't want to do that anymore. At least I'm going to try not to be so negative. While I know I'm human and I'm allowed to complain, I also don't want to constantly complain!! Running and training is supposed to be fun and I want to get back to a place where it is fun.

With that said, the word I'm going to use right now is STRONG. I'm not trying to be boastful or anything. I'm super excited to say that my hamstring issue seems to be much better. It's still a little tight but with all the starting and stopping of Ragnar, I expected much different. This is making me feel strong and dare-I-say ready for the races ahead of me. When only last week I was feeling like I needed a break. I think I was just down and tired and worried about my hamstring. But the reduction in mileage and care I took to rehab it really helped and now I'm feeling recharged. Yahoo!! I'm so happy! I just needed to hoot for a second. I spend so much of my days planning others' successes and right now I'm taking a moment to celebrate my own success :) Now I'm ready to tackle the next few weeks of build up before the PCT 50-miler next month! But I know that if I need to back off a bit because my hamstrings are feeling tight, I will still be ok! That's a good feeling.

What one word would you use to describe your running right now?

22 comments:

  1. There's nothing conceited about being proud that your running is strong right now! I'm feeling pretty solid about my races lately and can't contain myself, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Janelle!! Hard work pays off, for sure!

      Delete
  2. That's AWESOME. I love your word- and it gives me hope that being down can be a short term state of being. STRONG ON, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think when you take action when you feel those initial twangs of an injury, it will make a big difference. Take it easy and be patient! You'll be back on track in no time!!

      Delete
  3. SLOW but in a good way. I feel like I am slowly building back up to my love of running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! Slow is the new fast :)

      Delete
  4. Hot-mess. That's one word, right? Even though my pace is improving, I still feel like something isn't clicking. But I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not a hot mess. You are doing awesome! You're doing things to help your running and there's nothing hot-mess about that!

      Delete
  5. BUILDING. After some time off, I'm learning how to build back up without injuring myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect!! You're going to come back stronger than ever!

      Delete
    2. There is nothing wrong with being Strong! Strong is good!!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Ana!! Good luck with the rest of your marathon training. You'll do great!

      Delete
  6. Strong is my word, too! It's been a journey for me to get here. Not conceited at all! When you work hard, it pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strong is a great word! I think it's great to be able to claim that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should be proud! I love your word you chose Strong! Funny how one minute we thing we need time off then another we're back at it! Good luck on your 50 miler! Whoo wee that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. The running roller coaster definitely keeps things interesting! Who knows how I'll feel next week! Lol!

      Delete
  9. Don't ever feel like you are being boastful. Be proud that you are Strong!!! Yell it from the roof tops...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! OK! I'm strong and I'm proud!! :)

      Delete
  10. Great post! I wish I could say mine was STRONG too, but I would say it's more likely "happening", slowly but surely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, happening is awesome!! Keep it up!

      Delete