Thursday, September 15, 2016

Five Ingredient Potato Corn Chowder

We're pretty big on soup in our house. I love a good soup, even when it's hot outside. I made this potato corn chowder and was asked for the recipe, so here it is! It's incredibly easy, has only 5 ingredients and is absolutely delicious. And if you decide to make it vegetarian, it's even easier!

Before I continue, I'm linking up with the Friday Five link up hosted by Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run. Be sure to check them out when you're done reading here!

I'm also linking up with the Foodie Friday link up hosted by Annmarie at the Fit Foodie Mama, Farrah at Fairyburger, Esther at Chocolate Runner Girl and Jess at Hello to Fit. Check out their amazing recipes when you're done here!


Ingredients
1. Three pounds of baby Yukon Gold potatoes
2. 6 slices of uncured bacon (omit if you want to keep it vegan)
3. 32oz chicken broth (or use vegetable broth for vegan option)
4. 1-1.5 cup corn
5. My secret ingredient - 1 Gala or other sweet apple (unpeeled and cored)

Place the potatoes and broth in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add about half the corn to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. While the potatoes are cooking, chop the bacon into small pieces. Cook in a skillet on medium high heat until cooked to your liking. Add the remaining corn and cook until done. Chop your apple into small pieces and add to the potatoes. Using an immersion blender, carefully blend the soup together until the potatoes, corn and apple are smooth. Be careful not to splash the soup out of the pot. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can place the potatoes/corn/apple/broth mixture carefully into a conventional blender or your food processor to blend. Once blended, add the bacon and remaining corn and stir well. Serve!



That's it! I add the apple for a little sweetness but it's completely optional. It really depends on my mood.



Do you enjoy soup? What are some of your favorites?



14 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Can't wait to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! It's one of Keller's favorite dinners and I make it at least once every other week.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This is definitely one of my favorites!

      Delete
  3. I love any kind of potato or corn chowders. For fall I like chicken corn soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Maybe I'll add shredded chicken to this!

      Delete
  4. It sounds delish and plus points for it being easy to make!! Will try it out one of these days :)

    www.KatrinaJeanCarter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite soups ever--I love that you add an apple to it! I can't wait to try it out (just went apple picking today so I think I have everything I need)! :] Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the apple adds just a hint of sweetness. Hope you like it!

      Delete
  6. Love soup! This looks so delicious and easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love soup too, especially when it's this easy to make!

      Delete
  7. Love these ingredients! I looks so perfect and creamy for winter!

    ReplyDelete